‘Tis the season for gift guides! I love seeing what can be pulled together from the far corners of the internet: fun pieces you can’t always find (easily) in stores—or maybe that’s just me, living in Smalltown, USA. It’s like window-shopping from your armchair! Since I get such a kick out of them, this year I thought I’d try my hand at creating a gift guide of my own, so I’ve put together a list of gift ideas for word lovers of all stripes—editors, writers, readers, librarians…
1. Color Reference Drawers | Land of Nod, $109
I’m in love with this technicolor card catalog.
2. Poe-ka Dots Tote | Out of Print Clothing, $18
Disembodied Edgar Allan Poe heads in one of my favorite patterns? I’m sold.
3. By the Book Pendant | Kate Spade, $54
6. Personal Library Kit | Knock Knock, $16
So mini. So cute! Plus you can find refills on Amazon.
7. A Diagrammatical Dissertation on Opening Lines of Notable Novels Poster | Pop Chart Lab, $29
Check out the dimensions on this enormous piece!
8. Banned Books Match Book Set | Out of Print Clothing, $8
9. On the Road Travel Thermos | Penguin, $26
Anything strike your fancy? What’s on your wishlist this year?
Edit: Check out my second gift guide for word lovers, too!