Last year at this time I was in a darker place. This year, for the first time in a very long time, I can truly say I love all of the things mentioned in Dallas Clayton’s art print, above—and for that, I’m thankful.
A few other things I’m thankful for right now:
- new furniture (We just redecorated our home, and I’m loving it.)
- the thirteenth Doctor (This is giving me life right now.)
- Black Friday deals
- fresh flowers
- pumpkin rolls, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie…
- rebate checks that take so long to arrive, you’ve forgotten about them (“What’s this? Free money?!”)
- when there’s snow on Pike’s Peak
What’s on your list? Wishing you a day of delicious food, quiet moments, connection with loved ones, and whatever else fills you with happiness and gratitude. May your Thanksgiving be lovely!
Looking for an editor? Kelsey Mitchener Editing specializes in nonfiction copy editing and proofreading. Get in touch and let’s work together on your next project.
art by Dallas Clayton